Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Like Patrick Bateman I thought

After a visit to Browns Bay beach, during which I saw two sets of identical twin babies and an old man eating chips, I drove home along Rosedale Road.
From the top of the hill near a field of pine trees you can see the sign for BARBARELLAS SEXYLAND.
In addition to owning SUVs and expensive dogs us North Shore-ites want to buy better sex lives.
A man tailgated me along the flat.
Maybe he was in a hurry to get from this wasteland to SEXYLAND.
Like Patrick Bateman I thought this is not an exit.
You can drive and drive and drive but all you’re doing is making inroads into hell.
Further on I noticed that the personalised plate on the car in front was the same name as a famous American serial killer, just spelt differently.
The driver might’ve been a suave rapist, or perhaps the car was.
Everything has its own way of violating.
Are personalised plates name badges for cars or drivers?
It was such a long road and a thick, windless day.
My plate idea:
NOEXIT.

No comments: